RF Design Engineer, Electronics
My Hereford based client is actively seeking for a permanent RF Design Engineer with experience in radio and EMC design and test. The candidate will work within the R&D team on an exciting new design of a wireless fire alarm system.
- A minimum 6 years of proven experience as an RF and EMC Design Engineer.
- RF front-end component selection, circuit matching and tuning with antenna polarisation measurement experience for radios operating around 1GHz.
- Experience in right-first-time design of EMC and RF.
- Ability work with software and hardware development engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience of designing unlicensed radio system for short-range devices including air interface protocols is highly desirable.
- Experienced in testing to R.E.D standards for Class 1 radios (ETSI EN ).
- Experience designing for EMC and solve EMC issues on-site at the EMC test house and make changes in-situ.
- Knowledge of RF/EMC layout guidelines and experience of design reviews of the same. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Design / re-design of prototypes to meet the requirement specification.
- Adhere to the new product development best practises such a DFM, DFT and BPL's engineering process.
- Test and diagnosis of RF hardware and its functionality, including fault finding and bug fixing.
- Perform various stages of testing on the hardware such as qualification, verification and validation, pre-compliance and regulatory testing.
- Liaise with test houses for EMC immunity and radiation tests, Radio performance tests. This may require some amount of travel.
- Work to project timelines and ensure the highest quality product possible and help bring it to market on time.
- Create detailed test plans, procedures and test reports from requirement specifications or use cases.
- Experience developing products in the Fire or Construction industry is highly desirable.
- Experience using Altium for design purposes
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel / Word / PowerPoint).
- An enthusiastic person with excellent attention to detail and a diligent approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated, team player, able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and able to demonstrate initiative and operate independently.