Ocean Import Clerk
Position Title: Ocean Import Agent
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow meeting customer expectations
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system, per Operational Performance Standards (OPS)
- Track and Trace Ocean Import Files daily
- Use Tree View on daily basis
- Ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing, within Expeditors and customer standards.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Shipping lines, trucking companies and others involved).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations. No fines, penalties or late filing.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in the DLSOPs. Review and update monthly.
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company's procedures
- Timely responses to emails (within 24 hours) and voicemails (within 1 hour) (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Attend training classes when required.
- Complete mandatory training when required.
- Adhere to the company's 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Qualifications, Experience and EducationRequirements
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of ocean documentation process a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Hazardous Materials certification (preferred).
- Fluent in English.
- Ocean Import Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager