Welding Engineer - Automotive
***** WELDING ENGINEER VACANCY *****
Are you a welding engineer with knowledge of the automotive industry and robotic welding processes?
Do you have an advanced understanding of MIG/MAG/GMAW/TIG welding processes (theory and application) as well as the necessary equipment?
Do you have a good, working knowledge of the robotic application in welding processes used for the assembly of metal components?
Are you currently residing in the West Midlands, within commutable distance of the Cannock/Wolverhampton area?
If this sounds like you, we would be very keen to see your CV and to speak with you today.
This vacancy will be for a permanent member of staff to join a leading tier 1 automotive manufacturer based in the Cannock area of the West Midlands. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
- Provide direction & control of all MIG/MAG & TIG welding processes.
- Development & implementation of internal working standards, documentation & performance reports.
- Provide hands-on technical support where required to other members of associated departments.
- Assist in the development & integration of both manual & automated / robotic welding processes.
- Create plans, schedules of work & detailed work instructions for the PPM/TPM of all MIG, MAG, GMAW and TIG welding processes.
- Assess welding processes for quality, productivity, functionality & condition.
- Identify areas for improvement in terms of quality enhancement, productivity increase and reducing costs to the business.
- Support all auditing of welding processes & control.
The person taking on this role will have:-
- Advanced understanding of the MIG/MAG/GMAW/TIG welding processes & equipment.
- Good understanding of robotic application within a welding process.
- Excellent fault finding & problem solving skills.
- Excellent control & development of systems.
- Strong understanding of OEM customer specific requirements.
- Appropriate experience within an Automotive 1st tier supplier Weld Engineering role.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.