Purchase Ledger Clerk - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Purchase Ledger Clerk- 12 Month FTC Maternity Cover
Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field based in Newcastle under Lyme and are looking for a 12 month maternity cover for a Purchase Ledger Clerk with a possibility to stay on a permanent basis at the end of the contract due to growth.
Your new role
Your new role is an all round Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable role to include but not be limited to;
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the purchase ledger function. Ensuring that invoices received by the company are processed in a timely and accurate manner to enable correct payments to be made
- To carry out the day-to-day operation of the purchase ledger function. To regularly review working practices to ensure their continued effectiveness and to constantly seek ways to increase productivity.
- To ensure that all invoices received are checked for accuracy and to post all invoices to the computer.
- To ensure that all goods invoices are correctly matched to the internal paperwork detailing delivery.
- To ensure that goods invoices are checked against internal valuation details and investigate where differences are found. If necessary, arrange for a claim against the supplier and to follow through to receipt of credit.
- To ensure that all Promotional and Commercial Invoices are posted to the ledger before the month end.
- To ensure that all requests for claims by other Departments are raised and posted.
- To ensure that Statement Reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis and any queries investigated.
- To undertake a monthly review of the Aged Creditors to ensure that all overdue amounts are chased in accordance with set guidelines.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar role and have the ability to hit the ground running in an all round purchase ledger role. You must be available to start immediately following a successful interview.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of c.GBP18,000 DOE and a 12 month fixed term contract initially with the potential to go permanent in accordance with forecasted company growth. Working hours of 8am-5pm Monday to Friday plus onsite parking and a fantastic team environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.