AJ Chambers are delighted to be working with an impressive firm of Chartered Accountants, who are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their Dudley office. The role will involve managing a portfolio of clients and will involve accounts and audit work.On offer would be a competitive package and the opportunity to look after a couple of junior members of staff and work towards Manager level within the business.
As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for leading audits on a varied portfolio of clients, supervising Juniors and Semi Seniors and also assisting on larger group audits. The split between audit and accounts is anticipated to be around 50/50. Ideally, you will be ACA/ACCA Qualified, or a Finalist, and have previous experience within a similar role.
Main Duties of the Role:
- 50% Audit focused, with the remainder Accounts and some involvement in Corporation Tax
- Assistance and on occasion taking the lead on company Audits, reporting directly to the Manager or Partner
- Preparation of final statutory accounts from client records
- Drafting corporation tax returns
- Visiting client premises
- Supervising and assisting junior members of staff
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or a Finalist
- Recent experience of working in a similar position in practice
- Excellent communication skills are essential as the role will be client facing
Experience leading on smaller Audits would be an additional benefit, although not essential.
If you would like to be considered then please apply or contact James Young at AJ Chambers for more information.