Customer Engagement Officer
About the role
Balfour Beatty currently has opportunities for Customer Engagement Officers to join our Gas & Water business unit covering the West Midlands of England.
Successful candidates will be required to travel to various locations across this region. A company van and fuel card will be provided.
In this varied and interesting role you will be reaching out to customers affected by gas works due to be carried out that may affect access to their home location etc. You will be customer focused with the ability to diffuse difficult situations whilst providing excellent customer care.
You will be required to work Monday to Friday 8am to 5:30pm or 12pm to 8:30pm. Some weekend work may be required.
What you'll be doing
- Set clear expectations with customers as to what will happen next, when it will happen, what it will look like, who may be on site at different times;
- Interface between customers and Balfour Beatty;
- Deal with on-site issues and complaints;
- Resolve any escalated enquiries and complaints;
- Support operations to deliver a customer focus service;
- Represent customers in all internal activities - be an "Internal voice of the customer" - to develop a more customer focus ways of working;
- Monitor of CSAT by area/cell/team and use insight to feed into continuous improvement activities.
Who we're looking for
- Have a demonstrable track record in delivering a positive end-to-end Customer Experience, including face-to-face communications;
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach that adapts to changing business and Customer needs;
- Have evidence of working to and achieving performance targets in a Customer environment;
- Have a good understanding of the business process;
- Be prepared to travel across the west midlands region
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.