Mechanical Design Engineer
Planet Forward have been engaged by a global leader within the defence industry. This fantastic FTSE 250 business is looking to secure a Mechanical Design Engineer on a contract basis for their offices based in Rugeley. This is a 6 month contract initially.
The primary focus of the role is to provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids & proposals.
The ideal candidate MUST have experience of electric motor design or rotating machinery.
- Generate concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes
- Carrying out elements of the product design
- Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
- Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities
To be considered you will have:
- A Degree or higher in mechanical engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical, rotating machinery)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electric motors; metal fabrications, castings, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
If you are looking to work for a highly reputable company offering a fantastic work environment with many perks then we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible on our website