Commercial Finance Manager
This role will play a key role within the Retail Team , working with them to deliver sector-leading financial store performance across the 800+ stores in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
The purpose of the role will be to produce a suite of business reporting which will summarise and explain weekly and monthly business performance to the Retail Director and Team. The relationships forged with senior stakeholders in the business will help to drive store performance through effective and focussed performance management with particular focus on delivery of store sales and wage targets.
There will also be business partnering with Retail on ad-hoc projects requiring financial involvement.About this Amazing Opportunity
As a part qualified or qualified Accountant reporting into the Retail Finance Controller you will:
- Provide analysis to challenge business performance and ensure risks and opportunities are highlighted promptly and actions are driven by relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver the business performance reporting suite to the retail team and board
- Work closely with the Retail Director and team to ensure a robust performance management framework is in place to measure progress against delivery of strategic goals.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of retail store and overhead budgets to ensure budgets are stretching, achievable and aligned to the Corporate goals.
- Act as a Business Partner to provide support and challenge to the Retail Operations Team
- Manage wage reporting and analysis to assist the Retail team to deliver against wage targets
- Work with Profit Protection and Retail Productivity to provide quality business information and analysis which supports the goal of maximising profit and minimising losses in stores
- Sound commercial skills and thought processes and be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret and challenge business results to drive performance.
- Awareness of commercial conditions, the market and trends
- Excellent numerate, logical and pragmatic skills with strong problem solving skills to produce detailed, thorough and accurate work
- A strong solutions focus in a business that demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions in a cost effective way.
- Fantastic communication skills and a huge amount of drive
- Advanced knowledge of excel and ideally Cognos
- A strong analytical background, ideally from a FMCG, Retail or multi site background