Our client is a leading distributor of specialist products and is looking for a Purchaser/Buyer to join their existing team.Working form the head office/distribution centre as part of a 4 strong purchasing team.
You will be responsible for managing the stock profile of your dedicated commodity groups to ensure optimum service level while minimising overstocks and obsolescence situations.
Monday to Friday - 8.30am/5.00pm Monto Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm Fridays
25 days hols + stats
1/4 KPI related Bonus
Ability to study for qualifications with company funding
Duties will include:
* Daily ordering form a variety of suppliers as per negotiated deals and buying guide
* Liaising daily with suppliers, order progressing to prevent non stock situations
* Daily comms with branch network to liaise regarding orders
* comms with product managers regarding pricing, new products and phase-in phase out products
* All other purchasing related duties on an ad hoc basis
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience in a similar purchasing based position
* Educated to degree level or equivalent ( ideal but not essential depending on experience)
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Strong negotiation skills
* A full driving licence
The company offer fantastic working conditions and career advancement.the future option to go out and visit both suppliers and clients and develop the role.
Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer