Hours: 39 per week
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air-cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
This role is based in their UK division which is near J6 of the M5 Worcester. They are looking for a commercially minded Financial Controller who wishes to be involved in the business and help with the long-term growth of this established division. You will be more than a reporter, you'll have the opportunity to be involved in the planning, forecasting and analysis work associated with a progressive forward thinking organisation.
Responsibilities of the Financial Controller:
- Finance partner to the location Business Unit Manager.
- Compiles and analyses financial information for the organisation.
- Develops integrated revenue/expense analysis, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Creates and analyses monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analysing future plans and forecasts.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory. Ensures procedure compliance to effectively manage the organisation's finances.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyse, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Assists organisation's management in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
- Submission of quarterly and annual statutory requirement.
Requirements of the Financial Controller:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced, matrix environment satisfying multiple customers.
- Strategic planning/thinking skills coupled with analytical and execution skills.
- External Financial Experience in all areas of the role within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive Experience of SAP standard costing system, or a similar large enterprise system such as Oracle, or JD Edwards and Hyperion
- Experience of Sarbanes Oxley Knowledge of US GAAP rules
- Strong IT skills - particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Financial Controller, then please apply now!