Business Admin - Apprenticeship
Job title: Business Admin Apprentice
Location: Telford, TF1
Wage: GBP180.00 per week
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40 hours from Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm (lunch breaks paid)
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship course available: Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework
Course information: Business & Administration Level 2
About the role:
My client prides themselves on understanding exactly what their clients want, whether it's the latest smartphone, cheapest tariff or a custom business package with remote access and control over the lines. They offer products and services related to mobile lines, handsets, data, broadband, VOIP, mobile phone insurance and more. They strive to offer the very best customer service so customers always feel like they have the raw business tools a successful business needs to succeed.
- Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Retail discounts
- Discounted travel
- 28 days holiday
- Tiered, un-capped bonus structure
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly incentives
Job duties and responsibilities:
This role will be centred in a busy office, offering support to the team as well as having responsibility for data input. Sales will be a small part of the role in assisting the team to meet targets. Duties will include, but are not limited to:-
- Filling out forms and uploading them on to a portal
- Inputting customer information into a CRM database
- E-mailing customers
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Taking calls and messages for colleagues
- General administration tasks such as filing, faxing, photocopying
- Logging into an outbound dialler system
- Reading from a script
- Completing a fact-find and passing over to a closer to finish the sale
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to anticipate the needs of solicitors and clients
- Strong work ethic, hard-working and positive attitude
- Competent using MS Office including word, outlook and excel
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.