Human Resources Assistant /Administrator (Part Time)
16 - 24 hours per week
Salary Negotiable up to GBP22k pro rata (depending on experience) plus 32 days holiday (pro rata) and Contributory Pension
Location - Newcastle-Under-Lyme (ST5 7LB)
Accutronics is a leading independent battery and charger design, development and manufacturing company for high-performance portable and handheld electronic devices, specialising in the development and manufacture of 'smart batteries'.
Medical Device, Defence & Security, Industrial Electronics & Portable Electronic Device OEMs worldwide rely on our expertise to integrate the latest cell technology, electronic fuel gauging, active safety systems and innovative enclosure designs to power the next generation of rechargeable battery powered devices. Our class leading, high energy density smart battery technology enables OEMs to make portable devices smaller, lighter and safer.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Human Resources Administrator / Assistant. With excellent growth potential, this will be an excellent opportunity for the right person to truly make their mark. This role will suit someone from an SME Manufacturing background who is a HRGeneralist and comfortable with working on the day to day HR issues as well as being proactive.
Supported and mentored by an Independent Human Resources Consultant, HR plays a vital role at Accutronics - it's our job to work closely with the team to enable business success, drive cultural change, deliver efficiencies and support people management and development.
We are looking for someone with energy, drive, enthusiasm and good pace. We expect this role to grow as the business does.
This position will suit candidates who are comfortable to challenge established practices and make recommendations for improvement / best practice.
The purpose of the HR Administrator role is to provide an efficient, effective HR and administration service to support a growing business. Providing support to the Senior Management Team this role requires excellent organisational skills, the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised whilst maintaining a flexible approach to work. Candidates must be approachable, respect confidentiality and be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills. You will be the sole point of contact for all HR related queries within the business.
- Provide an effective HR administration service ensuring that employee data/information is handled, stored, recorded, processed and retrieved in a professional, confidential, accurate and timely manner, in accordance with GDPR.
- Administer HR related documentation, such as contracts of employment, references, letters and new starter information.
- Updating and maintaining the company HR database with new starters, leavers and any other employee amendments required
- Supporting line managers to ensure they are following HR procedures correctly such as absence reporting, probation periods, return to work meetings and performance reviews
- Management of the employee time and attendance records
- Processing any employee changes notified by the business.
- Provide and collate information in relation to payroll in a timely manner
- Preparing job descriptions, person specifications and preparing job adverts
- Assist in the recruitment process by liaising with managers, sifting through CV's, arranging interviews and all other administration involved in the recruitment process
- Assist and guide line managers with employee related cases, attending meetings and taking notes where required
- Be responsible for all associated HR administration to support a growing business such as answering queries, running reports recording employee absence and regular HR KPI reporting
- Managing the administration of the leaver process, including updating our HR records and issuing appropriate documentation.
- Providing clear communication and progress updates on the administration processes to the business.
- With external support when required review/develop and implement new policies and procedures.
- Assist the team in driving the annual appraisal process
- Organise and develop training courses as required by the business
- Work closely to build relationships with other departments across the business to promote a positive and collaborative culture
- Educated to GCSE level standard in English and Maths, with excellent oral and written English
- A HR related qualification such as CIPD or CPP would be desirable but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &EXPERIENCE
- HR Administration experience
- Knowledge of HR legislation and good practice
- Adaptable, as being the only HR person on-site means that your day is likely to require a high degree of flexibility.
- Highly organised and capable of working with detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Motivated and interested in building a career in HR
- A high level of customer focus with a 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills
- A good team player, friendly and willing to get involved
- Ability to deliver multiple activities consistently to high standard??Knowledge of Microsoft Office including excel and word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including excel and word
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute to our Business Growth Plans and want to join our team, it's time to get your application started. Please apply with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to Suzanne Woodburn, HR Consultant.
Please do find out more about us at
Deadline for applications: Monday 18th March 2019 (although applications will be reviewed as they come in)
(This is likely to be a 2-Stage Interview Process with the 2nd interview including at least a Psychometric Assessment and one presentation).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE