Director of Engineering GBP150,000 - GBP160,000 - EMEA
Job Vacancy: Director of Engineering - EMEA (NBD)
Location: Remote (travel will be required to UK, Coventry US and Germany)
An opportunity has arisen to work for global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, Covrad Heat Transfer has a legacy of industry-leading performance that can be traced back more than 130 years.
Director or Engineering - EMEA: Leverages technical training and experience to oversee the activities of the regional Product Engineering departments in concert with Commercial priorities and in cooperation with other functional and departmental peers. Coordinates resource deployment across regions.
Director of New Business Development: Leverages business acumen to direct and coordinate the assessment and creation of new lines of business for the company, focusing on the processes, organizational structure and resources to synthesize market intelligence and insights with existing and/or new product technologies. Coordinates between Commercial and Product Engineering, particularly Director of New Product Development to commercialize new commercial and product strategies.
Collaborate with staff to develop solutions to thermal and mechanical designs and applications across the Company's product portfolio and relevant to regional commercial needs = basic charter of Product Engineering.
With Engineering peers, collaborate and coordinate to provide resources to support business objectives and priorities for API as a whole and necessarily independent of regional needs.
Assure departments perform to standards as measured internally and externally.
- Use Engineering training, experience and acumen to assist others with specific product application, design, and development issues as well as special technical requests.
- Review and assess current scope of market support by product technology as the first step to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Commercial and Engineering leadership to assess and select new business development activities, to include staffing, product development/enhancement needs, budgets, timelines, etc.
- Design and create the infrastructure to formalize new business development
- Additional responsibilities.
- Manage department staff to include all appropriate and relevant administrative tasks such as performance appraisals.
- Coordinate with IT on new and/or modified software needs in support of the basic charter of Product Engineering.
- With VP-Engineering and legal counsel, manage patent-related topics, e.g. applications, infringements, etc.
- Contribute relevant regional insights to product assessment and development projects.
- Provide relevant input to annual capital and expense budgets and manage assigned spending within approved limits.
- Visit suppliers and customers as required for sales support or problem solving.
Education and Experience:
- A four-year Engineering degree with preference toward Mechanical, Chemical, or Process concentrations, with a fondness and aptitude in/for heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in heat transfer equipment application and specification in market segments served by the Company or experience in a capital goods manufacturer that relies heavily on engineering knowledge and expertise in its value proposition.
- Specific knowledge and experience with the products found in the Company's portfolio, particularly gasketed plate heat exchangers, shell & tube heat exchangers, and air-cooled heat exchangers.
- Working knowledge of the various Engineering tools commonly used by the Company, including 2D and 3D design software (e.g. Cadkey, SolidWorks); FEA and CFD analysis software (Ansys and Atair-Hyperworks); and ERP systems (Plex).
- Organizational design and development, including talent identification and recruitment.
Immediate Interviews are available please do not delay in replying
Please note: the closing date for this vacancy is the 9th April 2019