To provide support to the Payroll department, manage one of the business's Time and Attendance systems and ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Import timesheets, ensuring they have been completed accurately
- Take responsibility for Time and Attendance system and manage the effective use of this
- Input starters, leavers and payroll changes
- Calculate SMP and SSP payments
- Process payments for BACS
- Process P45s
- Handle enquiries by phone and email
- Process AoE orders
- Perform other duties that may be reasonably expected, as and when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Organised and able to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven department
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in a high-volume payroll environment
- GCSE grade C or above for Maths and English, or equivalent
- Understanding of PAYE, NI, statutory pay
- Experience of Excel in a payroll environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Experience of manual gross to net calculations
- Experience of a Time & Attendance system would be advantageous, but is not essential
- A payroll qualification is desirable, but not essential In return you will receive a competitive salary, 23 days annual leave + bank holidays and your birthday off, life assurance, pension contribution, access to childcare vouchers and Voyage Care's reward scheme.
Make a great career choice and apply now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.