Management Accountant (Finance Manager Designate).
Birmingham, West Midlands.
GBP40,000 to GBP45,000 (starting salary).
An excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant to take ownership of the Finance function in an established UK subsidiary of a global manufacturing organisation. This Birmingham based business has a GBP30m turnover and 250 employees.
The current head of Finance is moving into a general management position, so the new Management Accountant will have the opportunity to understudy him with a view to then taking over the function.
This is an all-encompassing finance role, working with senior management to oversee the financial management of the company, ensuring a robust budgeting process and effective management of investment and costs.
- Preparation of annual and half year budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Monthly management accounts and the monthly reporting package for head office.
- Preparation of journal entries including salaries, prepayments, accruals, depreciation, scrap, overhead allocation and head office costs.
- Annual financial report and accounts, dealing with auditors and tax advisers.
- Submission of VAT returns and PAYE settlement agreements, and dealing with administration of corporation tax and ex-patriate tax affairs.
- Management of the costing system, including preparation of product costing.
- Management and development of the small finance team.
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified.
- Experience in a manufacturing company would be ideal.
- Sound knowledge of accounting software - confident in the use of all accounting ledgers and MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills - the ability to communicate financial matters to non-financial colleagues.
- Organised, methodical and accurate - able to work to strict deadlines.
- A flexible approach, a committed attitude and a positive, supportive and enthusiastic working style.
Successful performance in the Management Accountant role will lead to promotion to Finance Manager, with an associated rise in salary level.
To apply in confidence, please send your CV and current salary details, quoting reference BB306/RD, to Mike Archer at Bluebox HR, our retained consultant, by clicking the Apply Now button.
Bluebox HR Limited, Kavannagh House, 251 Alcester Road South, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14 6DT