Junior Sous Chef
We are currently looking for a strong Junior Sous Chef to join a high-end restaurant in Shrewsbury city centre. We are looking for a strong Junior Sous with previous experience in a similar environment and looking to progress their career in this well-established hotel and restaurant.
We are proud to recruit on behalf of our client who operates a high volume, fine dining restaurant in this busy, 12-bedroom boutique hotel. The restaurant offers an extensive menu made up of mouth-watering British cuisine, prepared and cooked from the highest quality and freshest ingredients, sourced locally.
- GBP26,000 per annum
- 48 hour working week across 4 days
- Uniform provided
- Company benefits
- Share of gratuities
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression
- Meals on shift
As a Junior Sous Chef, you will quickly become an essential part of the kitchen team and will prove vital in helping the team provide a quality service. It will a be beneficial role in helping you further your knowledge of the kitchen and help you to improve on cooking techniques and standards.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking the menu from fresh produce
- Working alongside the team to achieve the company food margin
- Maintaining a high standard of service to exceed customer expectations
- Ensure all company due diligence is carried out accurately
- Ensure all health and safety and food hygiene standards are implemented at all times
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a real passion for cooking and an eagerness to expand their knowledge and skills on all sections of the kitchen. We are looking for someone with self-motivation, someone who can work using their own initiative and the patience needed whilst working under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to follow company guidelines and specification
- Good working knowledge of food and cooking techniques
- The ability to cook and present the menu to a consistent high standard
- The ability to follow Health and Safety legislation at all times
Commutable from Telford, Oswestry, Whitchurch, Bipshop's Castle, Welshpool and Stafford.
For further information about this position and many more please contact us or apply now.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bookachef who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business in Shropshire.