Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor seeking a new role within the industry?
Do you have relevant experience with JCT and NEC Contracts?
Due to company expansion, Kingscroft have been asked to recruit on behalf of our Shropshirebased client for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor. The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have some good exposure to general building and construction works as well as an understanding of NEC and JCT contracts. My client work in a range of industries from refurbishment, maintenance and new build. They are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to add to the commercial department and work closely with the Commercial Manager in driving the business forward through this growth period. Although salary is dependent on experience my client are offering an experienced Quantity Surveyor somewhere in the region of GBP40k per annum and package.
- Controlling of all site expenditure by managing the day to day works with cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Carrying out of site measures and preparation of monthly payment applications/invoices.
- Managing and submitting variations with the client, making sure all is agreed.
- Assisting the commercial manager and estimating team with tenders.
- Reconcile site costs/values and produce reports and forecasts.
- Carry out subcontractor analysis and produce agreements for commercial reviews.
- Assisting with day to day construction activities with other senior staff members.
- Pricing of variations and new works from the first principals.
- Experienced in a similar client facing role.
- Quantity Surveying/Estimating experience.
- Knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts.
- Part/Full Qualified - Quantity Surveying/HNC/Commercial Management.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Full UK Driving License.
- Good track record within the industry.
- All round building knowledge.
- Trade background (Desirable).
Apply now for a confidential discussion regarding this or any other construction role at Kingscroft.
Keywords: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Quantity Surveying, Surveyor, Bills of Quantities, BOQ, Commercial Manager, Commercial Management, Commercial, Surveying, Tender, Estimator, Estimates, Variations, Costing, Finance, Variation, Application, Analysis, Site Costs, Costs, Forecasting, Forecasts, Margin, Budgets, JCT, NEC, Contracts, Contracts Management, Contract Manager, Site Management, Site Manager, Project Management, Project Manager, Values, Payments, Invoicing, Invoices, Reporting, Client, Construction, Building, Refurbishment, New Build, Maintenance, Design, Traditional, Plan, Spec, Build, West Midlands, Stafford, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Birmingham, Cheshire, Chester, Shrewsbury, Worcester, Telford, Worcestershire, Wales, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Ironbridge, Welshpool, Shifnal, Ellesmere, Stoke-on-Trent, Ludlow, Kidderminster, Oswestry, Bridgenorth, Bala, Market Drayton, Wrexham, UK.