Our award winning and successful retail client is recruiting for experienced and driven Buying Assistants for variety of categories available across Food, Non-Food, Special Buys and Produce, based at their Corporate Head Office in Atherstone, Warwickshire.
You will get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Developing full knowledge of products and suppliers
- Managing the efficient and accurate flow of communication, both internally and externally
- Actively managing your area of responsibility through driving innovation and change
- Managing all due diligence, advertising and related issues for all products from the point of order placement to bulletin issue
- Understanding data and analysing this in Excel
The successful candidate will possess; Minimum A Level (or equivalent qualifications), experience of Supplier Management, Diary Management and Data Analysis is essential, exceptional organisation/time management and able to lead and manage suppliers.
In return the Assistants will receive a basic salary starting on GBP31,040 rising to GBP35,250 after 2 years' service, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, car parking and excellent training.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.