Site Administrator (6-8 Month FTC)
About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently looking for an energetic Site Administrator to help us deliver this exciting project on behalf of our client. The role will suit someone who is self-motivated and a good communicator. Someone who has worked in a construction environment would be an advantage however not a requirement. There is a good likelihood that the role may be extended for the right candidate as we secure future works on this once in a life time project.
The works are spread across approx. 45km between Litchfield and Crewe. The works are currently being executed from 3 site offices (porta cabins) based at the following locations Lichfield, Swynnerton, Wrinehill (just north of Stoke-on-Trent). The ideal candidate can base themselves at any one of these site offices based on their preference.
Balfour Beatty are currently working on a number of ground investigation projects on behalf of HS2 on the phase 2a (Lichfield to Crewe) link of the network. The works mainly consist of various types of ground investigation works including bore holes and trial pits. The results of these works are collated to produce a factual ground investigation report which will assist HS2 prepare a paper that will be submitted to Parliament as part of a hybrid bill. This bill will then have to go through the necessary approvals in order to achieve Royal Assent in 2019.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Uploading docs onto eB & BC (online document system). Documents to be uploaded include:-
- Drill logs
- Risk Assessments
- Various surveys
- Induction records
- Plant & safety inspections
- Collating and compiling information from on-line portals to attached to the notifications letters to the stakeholders.
- Updating various online portals i.e INSIGHT (information will be provided by the site manager)
- Filing/forwarding delivery tickets to head office
- Formatting/Editing pre-con & post con surveys done by the engineers
- Assist in collating information for KPIs (key performance indicators) associated with the project.
- Managing/updating the:-
- notice boards.
- holiday calendar for staff
- office supplies
- Typing meeting minutes
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Presentation skills;
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively;
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.