Project Manager - Operations
Project Manager – Operations
We are working with a fast-growing organisation that has already invested heavily in its infrastructure, personnel and equipment / technology to ensure it can maintain its growth plan and support an ever increasing customer base.
The company boasts internal R&D, Projects, Quality, Assembly and Sales and Procurement Teams and a workforce of over 140 heads. It also has established a global presence in a myriad of countries around the world.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to assist the Operations Director in the creation of a strategy to delivery new products to be successfully integrated into series manufacture, whilst ensuring product quality, change management and a strong culture of continuous improvement is built into the process from the outset. This strategy will be driven from an NPD / NPI point of view and will allow the organisations new and existing range of innovative products to be build and produced in the fasted, cost effective and to the highest quality standards possible.
The products do have a strong Electro-Mechanical biased and a suitable applicant should have a recent background in introducing and developing products and devices with such technology incorporated.
The position will be an integral part of the project management process, with direct liaison with internal department heads, suppliers and the Board of Directors.
Duties will include:
- Creating a strategy for moving projects forward into production with minimal issues.
- Sourcing and developing relationships with supply chain and manufactures around the world and UK .
- Build internal systems that will incorporate Quality and Change Management Systems.
- Understand Design and R&D processes, limitations and new innovation.
- Create strong gateways and procedures to deal with problems, bottlenecks and return issues.
- Project manage processes that include NPD / NPI / Cost and Assembly.
- Maintain regular update and progress meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Find better and new ways to improve processes and systems.
This right applicant for this position should hold the following:
- A formal qualification in Engineering (Engineering, Manufacturing or Design) HNC / HND /Degree
- Have good experience of introducing products, methods, suppliers and procedures within an Electro-Mechanical Device/Product environment.
- Be strong on Project Management methods and procedures
- Have strong IT and Project Software Tools experience
- Good Technical abilities within Engineering and Manufacturing
- Good exposure to New Product Development & Introduction
- Ability to interrogate and use 2D & 3D CAD
- A strong understanding and the ability to introduce ISO and Quality Standards
- Good Commercial Awareness
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good exposure to working with overseas partners (Essential)
- A driven and professional attitude and personality
- The ability to persuade internal and external partners on new ideas
- The ability to mentor and support colleagues on new projects.
- A very natural team player (Essential)
International travel should be expected between 5 – 6 times a year minimum (2 – 10 Days Duration).
The company will offer good training and support, flexible working if required, technology and technical support and the inclusion into a friendly team.
A good benefits package and an excellent chance to progress will also be on offer.
For more information please send your CV ASAP.