GBP26,000 - GBP34,000 p.a. + bonus & company car
- Are you looking to taking your first steps into Quantity Surveying?
- Does breaking down build costs and presenting them in front of the senior surveyor excite you?
- Do you want to work for Property developer with an superb reputation?
Eileen Richards Recruitment are seeking a Surveyor to join our client's very successful construction company, who are committed to producing quality developments and providing excellent customer care.
Role & Responsibilities of the Assistant Surveyor:
- Assisting in the preparation of the sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
- Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information
- Ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs and include within New Site Start Appraisal (NSSA).
- Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Senior Surveyor
- Updating/producing SWMP plan and Carriers Matrix.
- Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
- Pricing non-standard client extras as required and liaising with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department to ensure costing is correct.
- Updating Cost of Sales in Viability Manager for client extras, after re-budgets and valuations.
- Carrying out monthly progress checklists for all sites and inputting on to the valuation system including MOS.
- Liaising with the Housing Association including producing invoices and H & S pack as required and attend all necessary site meetings.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical Department over specification for Code for Sustainable Homes and producing schedules and back up information as required.
- Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors.
- Assisting in the production of the Group Rebate Form.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
About You as the Assistant Surveyor:
- Experience of building construction in a quantity surveying or project managing role.
- Holds a full driving licence.
- CSCS card holder
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIOB)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and materials.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety related issues.
- Computer literate in the use of valuation systems and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Thrives in a busy environment.
If you do not receive a response within five working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Eileen Richards Recruitment are experienced within seven different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Contact Centre, Directors/Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), and Sales and Marketing.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.