Credit Controller, Shropshire, Excellent pay and benefits
Your new company
Our client, a dynamic market leader whose head office is based in Shropshire, is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their team
Your new role
Your role will be to manage a ledger of accounts and the efficient collection of sales with excellent customer care and commercial business partnering.
key responsibilities will include:
- Perform effective proactive & reactive debt collection predominately by telephone & e-mail to improve cash flow by reducing DSO.
- Reconciliation of customer payments & accurately maintaining the sales ledger.
- Ensure customers payments are in-line with payment terms.
- Early identification & resolution of potential & current issues, including invoicing, price & delivery queries.
- Communicate and influence the resolution of queries with commercial business partners.
- Monitoring customer trading to ensure accounts remain within their approved credit limit.
- Communicate relevant information to the management team of all key issues.
- Ensure processes are maintained & performed accurately and in accordance with policy.
- Perform month end processes where required with completion of reporting requirements.
- Consistently provide a high level of service to our external and internal customer's.
- Support the business & management team with project work when required.
- Delivering against deadlines (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Negotiating "can't do/won't do" situations
- Reacting confidently to unanticipated challenges
- Develop a 'right first time' mind set - with an ability to identify possible process/system improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is looking for an experienced candidate who is confident at negotiating, has good IT skills and Excel skills, has an analytical mind, is accurate and very organised.
You should be able to take ownership and accountability for actions, continuously look for ways to improve, be self motivated and able to adapt
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of Shropshire's top employers who can offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as career progression and support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.