Trade Compliance Administrator
Consult Search & Selection are currently working with an International and globally renowned manufacturer. They are looking to recruit a high performing and ambitious Trade Compliance Administrator to join their EMEA Trade Compliance Division based Rugby.
You will play a vital role and be responsible for handling all Trade Compliance related activities. You will manage the daily customs entry process (import/export) via SAP, whilst collaborating with the regional and global Trade Compliance teams to ensure compliance with regulations of HMRC, other governmental agencies and the Trade Compliance program.
- Daily Customs entry process (Imports and Exports).
- Complete compliantly and timely all entries to HMRC.
- Implement and manage manual clearances in the event of systems issues or emergency requirements.
- Contribute to and assist preparation of weekly/monthly customs clearance reports.
- Communicate with HMRC re. queries and help resolving these.
- Communicate with service providers, such as ocean carriers, air freight forwarders, global
- consolidators, customs brokers, or trucking companies.
- Broker management: SOP, metrics,???.
- Where required create, document & enhance Trade Compliance processes.
- Create & analyse Trade Compliance reports and metrics.
- Interact with the EMEA Customs Data team, regional and global Trade Compliance teams.
- Support internal and external audits.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Proven track record of successfully handled import/export clearances
- Knowledge of SAP (Ideally Customs Module) or similar HMRC certified software Knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of HTS classification, country of origin/FTA / IPR / OPR / export
controls will be an added advantage
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing processes.
- Process minded and analytical mind set.
- Eye for details as well as accuracy is critical.
- Current knowledge of customs import/export legislation, commercial documentation & the
- Ability to work under pressure - workload and/or time constraints
- Good communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a globally renowned orgainsation, perfect for someone looking for a new challenge as well as an ideal progressive step.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and wish to join an innovative, forward thinking company please apply today!