Monday to Friday 37.5 hours – flexible working pattern with 2pm Friday finish
£35,000 to £42,000 per annum + Company Pension (Matched up to 5%) + Private Medical + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
Quality Manager required for a local manufacturing company that specialises in the medical sector. This company is family run and has a high staff retention rate. This is a great opportunity for a senior quality engineer looking for a step up.
The successful candidate will be a senior Quality Engineer or a Quality Manager. You will be confident in working to ISO standards and of conducting internal audits. Candidates from a plastics background will be advantageous however those from highly regulated manufacturing environments (food, pharmaceutical, packaging, medical etc) are also encouraged to apply. You will ideally have experience of continuous improvement techniques (Lean/8D/Six Sigma) and hold a relevant H & S qualification.
Your role will be to manage the day to day running of the Quality department. You will manage a team of 5 Quality Controllers and a Quality Engineer, as a point of escalation for all quality issues . You will work to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, 14001 and 45001 standards and conduct internal audits on site (NCR), investigating and closing out customer concerns (8D).
The company is run from a modern factory in Hereford and sells to national and international customers.
* Management of Quality department and the Quality Team.
* Work to ISO 13485, 14001 and 45001 processes and procedures.
* Manage quality concerns from cradle to grave.
* Continuously review and improve the Departments processes.
* Responsible for managing the internal audit process.
* Support the Quality Engineer to undertake ISIR and PPAP on complex NPI projects.
* Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager.
* Previous experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
* Experienced internal auditor.
* Experience of 8D reports, Six Sigma and ideally Lean manufacturing techniques.
* Previous experience working to ISO standards.
* H & S qualification highly desired.
* Experience of working with ERP systems.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85461418