Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Salary: Salary determined by experience, ability and periodic review – Up to £12 per hour
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 45-hour week – Normal working hours - 7.30 to 5.00 Mon to Fri.
The Job – Machine Operator
The machine operator will be based at our modern Sugwas premises and will primarily operate a four sided planer, with potential for the role to develop into running our 2 CNC joinery machines. Training will be given on the job and we envisage up to one year for operators to become fully competent with the planer and CNC machine.
Additional duties will include grading oak, machinery maintenance, forklift driving and loading/unloading Lorries. This is a role for an individual to work on modern machinery who would enjoy developing their skills in a busy and moderately challenging environment.
- Ability to read and check off oak beams on the cutting lists.
- Good level of numeracy required.
- Experience with overhead gantry and counter balance fork lift is desirable.
- Practical experience of maintenance skills preferred.
- Experience of working with wood is preferable.
Personal and General skills:
- Well presented, neat and tidy at all times, especially when dealing with external parties, clients etc.
- Positive approach and aptitude for minimising problems.
- Responsibility for own work, self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm, ability to take initiative.
- Able to give and take constructive criticism.
- To anticipate and counter problems before they arise.
- Actively contribute to departmental events to maximise team morale and performance.
- Rigorous attention to detail and quality.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good working knowledge of building technology and the construction industry.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, both in reference to themselves and individual projects. Maintain “to do list” and detailed diary.
- Prioritise actions in order of importance.
Enthusiastic, motivated, initiative, flexibility, excellent attention to detail, ability to learn, good timekeeping, team player, numerate. Polite, considerate and presentable at all times.
Additional Information on the role:
- Flexible working hours with possibility of night shifts.
- Overtime will be available (which we encourage when required) including Saturday mornings.
- Overtime rate is based on time and a half.
- 22 days paid holidays per year, excluding the eight statutory Banks Holidays per year.
- There will be an initial trial period of six months.
- Profit share scheme (implemented after the six-month trial period).
- Absences must be notified and agreed.
- Statutory Sick Pay applies.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Please note, that due to the high number of CV's we receive, we are unfortunately not able to reply to everyone! If you haven't heard from us within 2 weeks of your submission, please presume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85447967