I'm currently working with a leading global technology business based in Malvern. They are in need of an Electronics Buyer on a permanent basis paying GBP35,000 - GBP42,000 per annum.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of a supplier portfolio and the implementation of commodity strategy as part of the category sourcing team. This role will be predominantly focused on Electronics.
What are your responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for the performance of the suppliers within the commodity.
- Safeguarding quality, on-time delivery and compliance against the lowest integral cost.
- Negotiations, including contracting with existing and new suppliers.
- Working with the Operational Buyers to ensure requisitions are processed in a timely manner.
- Resolving of relevant delivery, invoice and price discrepancies.
- Supporting projects including supplier reallocation's and new value introductions.
- You will work together with your internal customers to create a smooth and cost-effective purchasing process.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- You are a team player who can build solid working relationships and is able to drive change.
- A relevant degree at Bachelor or Master level.
- Relevant purchasing experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- A pragmatic approach to investigating and resolving issues.
- Experience in working in an international environment.
Great to have?
- SAP ERP experience.
- Formal CIPS qualification.
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive induction programme. We then continue to stimulate our employees by improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.