Trainee Toolmaker required. My client is a manufacturer of specialist equipment for the plastics industry supplying customers across the world from their facility in the West Midlands. They are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Toolmaker to be fully trained in house and eventually move into a qualified Toolmaker position.
The successful candidate will have a strong Mechanical Engineering background and ideally some knowledge of the plastics industry supported by work experience. You will be keen to jump into a hands-on position and shadow an experience engineer to receive training and progress your skill set. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is looking to start their career within a manufacturing environment.
Trainee Toolmaker Position Overview
- Assist an experienced engineer throughout the toolmaking process, familiarising yourself with the process
- Create tooling based on individual customer requirements
- Trial test tooling and make any necessary adjustments to ensure items meet the required specification
- Assist other colleagues when required
Trainee Toolmaker Position Requirements
- Strong mechanical engineering background, ideally supported with relevant qualifications
- Knowledge / work experience with the plastics industry highly desirable
- Experience using / programming Wirespark Eroder
- Self-motivated and keen to learn new skills
- UK Driving Licence
- Based within a commutable distance of Warwick
Trainee Toolmaker Position Remuneration
- GBP18,000 - GBP22,000 depending on experience
- 20 days' holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas Shutdown
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.