Main Purpose of Job
To undertake co-ordinated activity, supporting Area Sales Managers (ASM’s) regarding the process of identifying opportunities, tendering and follow up of New Build projects and refurbishments from initial lead to order received.
Support the external sales teams with project tracking and the provision of leads, project details and quotation information to maximize potential product sales across the group and developing customer relationships.
Aim - to increase market share by undertaking these activities and working closely with our external sales teams.
General Aspects of the Job
To work in all regards towards the achievement of results which are in the best interests of the Company, its employees and its physical and intangible assets within reasonable bounds of personal judgement, competence, safety and the law.
- Follow up on quotations as agreed by ASM/Manager and help to maintain/update project bank
- To manage the project tracking through AUREA by working with the field sales teams to ensure that project information is added accurately and is regularly updated, and to run reports based on this information to support the sales and marketing managers.
- Review unsuccessful quotes & establish any common factors or competitor strengths and threats
Quotes / Tenders (via Flooring contractors)
- Review NBS for tenders received and establish opportunities & specifications for group products
- Establish which Main Contractors are tendering for projects at 'first round’ stage and ensure we are quoting all tendering contractors direct or via sub-contractors
- Co-ordinate project activity from 'gold account’ contractors and develop 'mapping’ of contractors likely to undertake installation
- To evaluate incoming calls / sample requests for further potential for other product areas and to promote additional Gerflor products wherever possible.
- To manage the company contractor database by adding additional companies and contacts, cleansing existing information and ensuring that all data entered is accurate and is in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To use the ABI lead system to provide supporting information to ASM’s for visits, project enquiries and link back to the project.
- To promote new products to customers wherever applicable during telephone conversations and other communications.
- To undertake such training and development as may be required by the jobholder for current and future development.