Nursery /Grower Manager
Our Kenilworth based Client are a long established, family business. They have enjoyed continued growth as a business and supply to some of the largest Garden Centre chains within the UK.
They are currently looking to introduce new members to the existing team, and currently are looking to employ an experienced Nursery / Grower Manager.
Reporting to the Directors, you will play a key part in the General Operations of the business.
- To travel to other company sites as required to assist ‘nursery crop supervisors’ with growing the crop.
- To attend any courses, training and talks that the company think suitable to help in your job role.
- Ensure Health and Safety is managed in accordance with company policy.
- Set standards of work and productivity for all staff by leading by example.
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy.
- Develop staff to maximise potential, setting employee goals and objectives.
- Monitor and deal with staff performance identifying any training needs.
- Delegate work duties to staff ensuring the overall site objectives are met.
- Consistently identify areas for improvements in productivity, cost reduction and quality and feedback to the management.
- To attend meetings with management when required.
- To communicate to all staff levels – Company policy and procedures, staff changes, company’s future plans, management’s satisfaction and dissatisfaction. Feedback staff comments and concerns, ensuring that they are given a satisfactory response in a timely manner.
- To ensure that grievance procedures are carried out as laid down in the company policy.
- Together with management plan staff requirements to be able to manage any fluctuations in trade throughout the year.
- Maintain high housekeeping standards and ensure site is kept in a clean and tidy manner.
- Maintain stock levels and inform directors accordingly of any shortages.
- Inspect crops daily monitoring for watering, feeding, weeding, trimming etc. requirements.
- Inspect crops daily for pest & disease and ensure suitable action is taken. Ensure the suitable PPE is used when treating areas with crop protection chemicals.
- Ensure the crop is suitably managed at all times including the weekend.
- Ensure that all orders are completed accurately and on time with periodic checking of orders v`s actuals.
- To ensure that small maintenance jobs are carried out on site keeping management aware of structural deficiencies, repairs, etc.
- Maintain register of essential telephone numbers in office.
- Maintain integrity of First Aid box and inform office of any requirements.
- Ensure security of site in non-working hours.
- Ensure that time sheets are accurate before signing off.
- Ensure all stock locations and stock moves are accurately recorded and sent to the office weekly for updating.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the company.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- PA1 & PA6 pesticide certificate
- First Aid at work certificate
- IT Skills
- Must hold UK driving licence or equivalent
- Good levels of plant knowledge
- Good organisational and supervisory skills
- Flexible and motivated
- Ability to work under pressure at peak periods
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity - APPLY TODAY!!
Get in touch by calling Helen Thorne on or email your CV to