Senior Payroll Administrator
Top Tier Firm of Chartered Accountants with an office based in the City of Birmingham are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator.
As the Senior Payroll Administrator you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls within the team, to provide a first-class payroll bureau service.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of complex or large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
- Have an extensive knowledge of various specialist areas such as school, expat, shares, client accounts, etc.
- Have extensive knowledge of payroll software (Payrite is an advantage but not essential) and be able to run payrolls efficiently using its functionalities such as import/exports, nominal journal, costing and report writing;
- To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes including a good knowledge of AE administration process and build bespoke pension upload file to pension providers website;
- Assist with various types of client setups and project work, including writing user guides with some supervision;
- Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance, including interpret new legislation effectively and explain to junior team members where applicable;
- Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision and be able to assist the team with associated queries;
- Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise, including assisting the team with associated queries;
- Have an excellent client service and be able to build confidence and turn around payrolls with service issues within the team and assist the team with associated issues;
- Assist with the training of new and existing staff with some supervision;
- Assist with payroll reviews, signoffs and providing feedback where necessary;
- Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
- To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
- Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients and encourage the team to do same.
- Previous payroll experience, ideally within a professional services environment;
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software (knowledge of Payrite an advantage but not essential);
- Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
- Minimum 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grades A-C required;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
- Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
Excellent Benefits include:
- Flex Allowance
- Medical Insurance Reward & Recognition
- Risk Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to work
- Other Benefits