Shift Electrical Engineer
The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to work at one of our clients on a permanent basis
Working within their Rolling Mill and Foundry on a variety of equipment, both traditional and ultra-modern, this challenging role is ideal for an enthusiastic engineer who enjoys working as part of a proactive team.
We are a leading supplier of rolled copper and copper alloy, combining state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and practices with 150 years’ experience and heritage. We have become the UK’s largest and most up-to-date manufacturer of precision-strip, with a worldwide prestigious customer base.
• Carrying out reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
• Responsible for the fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of plant such as foundry equipment, rolling mills, robotic equipment, PLC’s, electric motors, contactors, relays, switches, sensors, solenoids, distribution boards, inverters and temperature control.
• Ensuring all production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
• Fault finding of process controls, plus effective testing and repairs.
• Ensuring that high volume production equipment is running effectively at all times.
• Working as a team in response to machine breakdowns.
• Working a continental style shift pattern covering 24hrs/7 days per week, which includes weekends.
• Time served Electrical Engineer with experience of working within a production/manufacturing plant.
• Must hold a relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience of medium/heavy industry.
• Extensive background on manufacturing fault diagnosis, repair to industrial three phase electrical systems including motor starters, inverters and modern control systems.
• Sound communicator with problem solving skills plus the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to work to their own initiative as well as possessing a good attitude to teamwork.
• Good organisational skills.
• Long term career with a very successful reputable company
• £40,000 basic salary, plus excellent overtime rates.
• Group Personnel Pension Scheme, includes Company contribution.
• 34 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
• Good working conditions
• Employee benefits scheme
If you wish to apply, please send your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85354832