Digital Platform/Infrastructure Engineer
Digital Platform Engineer, up to £65k, working with leading governmental organisation on exciting projects
Your new company
An industry-leading organisation, helping organisations across the world improve their technological capabilities, is now looking for multiple Infrastructure/Platform Engineers. Providing smart, tailored, ground-breaking technical to complex problems, this organisation encourages self-development and is widely recognised for the support it provides in obtaining industry-leading skills and certifications.
Your new role
Working for a leading governmental department, you will undertake cross-functional engineering projects, build sustainable and reliable services in order to get this department's online presence up to modern and forward-thinking standards. The UK Government's IT strategy is based around user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery and modern software architectures such as micro services and cloud technology.
You will also constantly learn through modern environments such as Linux Academy or A Cloud Guru, helping you to achieve industry recognised certifications such as AWS, Azure, RedHat or Puppet.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidates will have an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. They will bring a broad range of experience in modern open-source stacks and have an ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server services in a high availability production environment.
- An ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- A grasp of DevOps concepts and an interest in working in such environments.
- Sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform.
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling - Puppet/Ansible preferred.
- Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
- Docker (Swarm/Kubernetes)
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
- AWS Certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect)
- Core Networking & Loadbalancing
Candidates must also be willing to travel UK-wide when the need arises. All expenses will be paid-for via a credit card that will be issued to all employees.
What you'll get in return
You will have the chance to work with an industry-leading organisation and help transform critical infrastructure for the Government whilst also have the opportunity to learn and gain much sought-after skills and certifications. From day one, you will receive a credit card for any business-related expenses, a laptop (then a MacBook once you pass probation), a car allowance (for certain salary bandings only), salary bonus and competitive pension contributions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.