Laboratory Manager - Physical Testing - Automotive/Aerospace
Laboratory Manager - Physical Testing - Rubbers/Polymers
Salary: Competitive plus benefits Location: Shropshire
Our client is Europe's leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
Due to growth a new position for a Laboratory Manager is required to lead the Product Testing department based at their site nr Shrewsbury. The testing laboratory conducts mechanical testing for a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace and industrial.
Reporting in to the Operations Director you will be responsible for leading and motivating a small but growing testing team. Key result areas include the maintenance of existing accreditations and compliance required for business operations, championing testing and operational best practices, and actively participating in driving actions to realise sustainable growth and department objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- a scientific or engineering degree
- a minimum of 8 years of direct work experience in an industrial or testing environment within an ISO17025 or similar quality system.
- 4+ years' experience in the Automotive, Industrial, Engineering, or related industry, with a mix of development and manufacturing operations
- Proven experience in a management role with demonstrable capability of leading and motivating a team.
- Strong Commercial acumen with experience of directly engaging existing clients and prospects.
In return they offer a generous benefit package incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays per annum..