At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Uttoxeter, ST14 8XR
Permanent - Flexible working available.
The Job Opportunity
Your primary job purpose will be to administer the delivery of Psychological Services at HMP Dovegate. As a Registered Forensic Psychologist at HMP Dovegate you could be based in varying roles within the prison including Offending Behaviour Programmes and providing psychological consultancy within the Social Responsibility Unit and across the establishment.
Daily Duties Involve
- To complete psychological assessments of prisoners including HCR-20, SARA, WAIS, IPDE and PCL-r.
- To supervise Forensic Psychologists in Training, ensuring they work in line with the Codes of Conduct of the British Psychological Society and Health and Care Professions Council.
- Line Management of Forensic Psychologists in Training and Offending Behaviour Programmes staff.
- To be undertake any relevant psychological assessments of prisoners and individual work as required and as directed by the Senior Psychologist/Head of Interventions.
- You may be involved in the management and delivery of Offending Behaviour Programmes.
- To make decisions regarding suitability of candidates for accredited interventions.
- To complete Parole reports and Parole directions complying with deadlines, and/or to supervise Forensic Psychologists in Training carrying out this work.
- To help develop the work of Psychological Services, for example through assessments and group or individual interventions.
- Provide a consultancy role staff
- Deliver training as required to prison staff
What we are looking for in our candidates
- If a Forensic Psychologist in Training on the BPS route must have fully completed Stage 1 of the Qualification in Forensic Psychology and completed the majority of Stage 2.
- Must have passed some core roles and be within six months of being Registered with HCPC.
- If a Forensic Psychologist in Training on the Doctorate route must have completed all practitioner placements and be within six months of becoming registered with the HCPC.
- Forensic Psychologist Registered with HCPC
- Completed Stage 2 Diploma in Forensic Psychology (BPS)
- Experience of working with offenders and carrying out assessments and interventions with a forensic population.
- Experience of writing Parole reports, completing assessments such as HCR-20, PCL-r, IPDE, WAIS and SARA assessments.
- Experience of supervising others.
- Experience in delivery and management of accredited offending behaviour programmes.
- Psychological theory regarding treatment of violent and sexual offending.
- Familiar with ‘what works’ literature and of a range of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85354402