Ford and Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts -
Our very busy client based in Burton on Trent is now looking for x2 Solderer to join a growing business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manual electronic assembly - hand placing components on PCBs.
- Work on own initiative or as part of a team within a dedicated team of electricians working to production deadlines.
- Build of printed circuit board to meet or exceed established quality standards and per the documentation or instructions provided.
- To be flexible and work in any assembly area, accepting the possible varying shift patterns and also to help if required in non-assembly areas.
- Record components used at each stage of repair, modification and overhaul, for the purposes of reporting to the customer and maintaining repair history records.
- Undertake any required training in related processes.
- Ensure quality requirements are met by working to technical documents and work instructions.
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks and specified routine preventative maintenance some of which may be outside the assembly areas.
- Participate in continuous improvement workshops to increase efficiency within the company. Utilise improvement tools such as 5S to improve the flow and workplace layout.
- Raise Non-Conformance Records as appropriate.
- Communicate to Supervision/Manager any deficiencies in the production activity as they are detected and suggest any possible actions to correct these deficiencies.
- To attend site to provide technical support and assistance to the customer, when required.
- Comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Use MRP/ERP system to process repair orders and consume parts for stock control purposes.
Location: Burton on Trent
As the Soldering Operator, you will play in an essential role in the repair, modification and overhaul of electronic products. You will be responsible for both mechanical and hand assembly. You will be using PCB board layouts, BOM part lists and written instructions in order to assemble, rework and/or re-assemble units.
- Able to use electronic test equipment and experience in soldering Experience of manufacturing/overhaul processes
- Previous experience in electronic testing, fault finding and repair
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with industry or improvement tools such as 5S and Kaizen.
- Previous experience within the rail industry.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP system.
- Degree or HND qualified in Electronic Engineering
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85353373