We are currently seeking a self-motivated PCV Shift Fitter/Mechanic to join our busy Engineering team.
The salary for this position is £13.29 per hour and the working hours are 39 per week.
Working as part of a team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Vehicle fault diagnostics, servicing and repairs including MOT preps in accordance with First Group Standard Engineering Operating Procedures
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group Policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- An aptitude to develop others within the Engineering Team
- The ability to communicate effectively with all colleagues
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with coaches would be advantageous
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Interested? Click on apply and fill in an application form!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85353036