We require a kind and caring driver to help provide support to our friendly homes, residents, staff and visitors.
- Experience in care is not necessary, as full training will be provided during the induction period, but may it may prove useful.
- You will be joining a team that delivers high quality person-centred care to people living with dementia
- You will transport residents and staff on trips to places of interest, accompanying and assisting them for the duration of the trip
- You will ensure that residents are able to access the local and wider community at all times
- You will also transport residents who visit the home for day care helping them in and out of the car and to and from their destination
- Undertake an activity within the home
- Taking staff to work from a central location and back again, and occasionally between our homes.
- Help residents to access all aspects of the local community throughout the day
- Helping to maintain residents existing links and independence wherever possible
- Escorting day care visitors to and from our homes
- Provide transport for staff where necessary
- A kind and caring demeanour
- Showing Willing to support residents in a variety of settings
- A full and clean UK driving license held for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience as a professional driver
- Experience may include driving cars, taxis, MPVs, vans, mini-buses, larger vehicles, or wheelchair accessible vehicles for schools, community groups
- Experience in the healthcare industry as a care assistant, support carer, or support worker