IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager vacancy in Birmingham
12-month fixed term contract
GBP35000-GBP38000 plus 28 days annual leave and other generous benefits
Hays IT are working with a large well known public sector organisation in Birmingham City Centre to recruit an IT Project Manager on a fixed term contract basis.
The successful candidate will be joining this organisation at an exciting time as their IT department is going through a parallel transformation with a new vision, strategy and purpose as strategic enabler to the organisation.
Our client has exciting plans for this year, which include a whole organisation device replacement programme, migration to Windows 10 and Office 2016, extend our Azure and Office 365 services, introduce SharePoint, augment our Intelligent Communications systems, upgrade most of the core business applications, and more.
About the role:
You will deliver planning and project management services for the department, and the department's contribution to wider organisational projects, and report to the Head of IT Systems.
The Project Management Team is responsible for effective delivery of project management for significant departmental projects, and for the department's contribution to wider organisational projects, such as Key/Priority projects and projects led by other departments in which IT have a significant part to play.
In addition to the expectations of everyone in IT, the following responsibilities are specific to this role:
* Responsible for managing assigned projects from inception to post-project closure.
* Responsible for creating and managing documentation relating to the planning processes of the department, including charts, plans, and other representations and artefacts to be used internally and through engagement processes.
* Responsible for the effective implementation of processes, procedures and guidelines as defined by the organisational Project Management Office (PMO)
* Responsible for convening project teams, allocating workloads, and scheduling delivery.
* Responsible for regular and accurate reporting to the IT Leadership Team.
* Responsible for maintaining general awareness of organisational projects that may have an impact or a requirement for IT involvement, and to share relevant information with the engagement team.
* Accountable for the delivery of effective IT projects, with demonstrable successful outcomes achieved.
* Accountable for the provision of post-project/closure documentation, related to lessons learned and similar artefacts.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
* "Expert" knowledge of a range of project management methodologies and approaches, including but not limited to Agile and Prince2.
* "Expert" ability to apply lessons learnt and similar post-project activities at the inception of new projects, to ensure the maximum benefit can be gained from previous experiences.
* "Expert" ability to effectively utilise risk and issue management, contributing significantly to the wider departmental and organisational risk processes.
* Experience of user-led design methodologies, Agile software development and project delivery, rapid prototyping, and similar.
* Significant experience of managing project teams, including the full software development lifecycle, including external contractors, in dispersed working environments.
* Significant experience of leading project teams through an Agile lifecycle from strategic inception through to project completion, and post-implementation change.
* Familiarity with more than one area of IT, including but not limited to, end user devices, telephony services, printing services and the usage of funding systems, finance systems, HR/people systems, desktop and cloud productivity systems, SharePoint, connectivity software and systems, mobile device applications.
* Familiarity with a range of project management tools, to plan and communicate progress to differing audiences.
* Working towards or holder of expert-level, industry-recognised qualifications in project management.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
* Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
* Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
* Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
* Season ticket and cycle to work loans
* Paid volunteering leave
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.