IT Support Engineer - Coventry Based.
Do you have an interest in Information Technology? Are you currently working on First Line support and eager to progress? If yes to both, Mountain Warehouse are looking for a talented IT Support Engineer to join our growing IT team based in Coventry at a shared service centre.
Mountain Warehouse are looking for a IT Support Engineer!
This opportunity will be great for someone who has around a year experience 1st line Support, looking to progress into 2nd line and more!
The successful candidate will have demonstrated good customer service skills and have a passion for all things IT -You will gain experience in a fast paced retail Head Office environment, in an IT Engineer role - We have an exciting mix of skills and technologies and have been busy developing our systems, you will gain exposure to Windows Server, MS Exchange, MS Office, remote assistance, WAN and LAN networking.
This is a really exciting time to join Mountain Warehouse, we are a profitable, privately-owned and growing business. We are on forecast to open around 40 new stores next year, we have grown 26% year on year and constantly looking to improve technologies to adapt to the rapid growth of the business.
It is a full-time position, 40 hours a week, with weekends on rota.
Based in Coventry
What you'll be doing
- Telephone and email support to both shop staff and head office staff
- Swapping out faulty equipment
- Setting up new equipment for stores and head office staff
- Logging all faults in our fault management system
- Install, maintain and support current and new applications
- Contribute to policies, processes and procedures
- Provide solutions/work arounds to incidents
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini-projects at one time
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to
- Escalation of incidents and requests to relevant teams
- Basic Active Directory Administration
- Basic networking configuration and troubleshooting
- Patching, hot fixes and virus updates
We would love to meet someone with
- Experience in either a Deskside or 1st line support role of at least 1 years
- Ideally excellent GCSEs in Maths/Science/I.T. (Preferably A or AS -levels/ Degree Level) or equivalent
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Experience in administering AD, Windows updates and managing Exchange
- Customer relations experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Clear and articulate telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills Logical approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
At Mountain Warehouse we have been developing the very best outdoor gear for all the family since 1997.
Unlike other outdoor retailers, we don't carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products we sell through our stores and website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse - you won't find them anywhere else.
Why do we do this? Well, by designing our own top quality products and having them made to our exacting standards, we can cut out the middleman. So that means you get the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than you'll find at other shops.
We have well located and well stocked stores where you and your family can get straightforward advice from our knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most of our stores you can even bring your dog in too! Everything we do is focused on serving our growing group of customers who like what we have to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices.
We would love it if you joined them.