Desktop and Server Support Engineer
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Desktop and Server Support Engineer to be based at our office in Warwick.
Our internal desktop team require an IT engineer to manage our Linux operating system along with Windows server management including data backup. In addition, general desktop support duties will be required.
Area of Responsibility
- Support maintenance of server room equipment including back-up devices, , servers, VM HOSTS, HPC, etc. Ensure server room and supplies are kept organised.
- Environment setup configurations based on Automotive OEM standards.
- End user support - Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software issues reported to the Service Desk
- Escalate requests to the respective hardware, software vendors as needed.
- Perform routine system monitoring and conduct Preventive maintenance to avoid downtime
- Develop and maintain an inventory of IT components and equipment.
- Installation of CAD / CAE / PLM / Business products software
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software coordinating with ITAM team.
- Complete special projects as requested
Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Engineering is preferred
- Experience of Linux operating system
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days' Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better???.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.