BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Operations Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed Term (6 months)
Closing Date for Applications: 28th February 2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, 'Best Place to Work.'
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
* Execution of the day to day operational tasks over all modes (Road/Air/Ocean) to support the business as usual activities ensuring a high quality of service
* Create & tender collection requirements to predefined carrier base over all modes (Road/Air/Ocean) utilising DHL's web based system (OTM)
* Support the development of processes to execute operational activities and to support continuous improvement initiatives
* Ensure timely and accurate resolution of customer queries through DHL's web based Customer Service System (CSS)
* Provide comprehensive operational administrative support for MII initiatives to deliver tangible financial savings
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
* Experience gained within a control tower environment (in LLP operations in Supply Chain division) and multi modal transport operations (Road, Air & Sea)
* Demonstrable operational experience within multimodal transport operations (e.g. DGF or DHL Freight)
* Knowledge of DHL systems specifically OTM
* A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of MS Office including Excel (intermediate), PowerPoint and Word
* Effective communication skills (at all levels) - good listener and effective in communicating ideas to support the development of good Customer relationships
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
DivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAIN Employment TypeTemporary Full-Time
Business UnitDHL Supply Chain UK Working Hours
LocationTamworth Shift RequirementDay time only
Job TypeFreight Transportation Relocation Offered
Career LevelSupport & Administratives Travel RequiredNo Business Travel
Responsible for Travel ExtentNone
Reports toOperation Team Leader Work Permit RequiredYes
Target Hire Date2/27/2019
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85314493