Data Engineer (Contract)
Are you looking for your next career move, a chance to become part of an established and sustained company, or just simply looking for a change, then this is a chance not to be missed!
Spring Technology is currently recruiting on behalf of one of our leading clients.
Role: Data Engineer x 2
Rate: £375 - £425 per day
Contract Length: 3 months (initially) with extension
As part of my clients business growth, there is an exciting opportunity for two Data Engineers to support a new data programme. This is a technical (hands on) role, not just a design position.
The Data Engineer will have a key role in helping to define and develop a new Data Lake to drive a new data driven business strategy.
The Data Engineer will help propose and implement solutions primarily based around AWS, including:
* Designing and implementing ETL tasks.
* Identifying key data relationships.
* Cleansing data.
* Building a framework for BI developers to generate reporting solutions.
* Orchestrating the flow of data.
* Some experience of Map Reduce and Machine Learning is desirable.
The role will involve working with colleagues, both IT and business, to help define the longer-term Data Lake strategy., with a focus on agile working and continuous delivery. The initial scope is to focus on retail data, followed by financial data. Currently AWS tools are being used, however open source solutions may be considered in the near future.
* Cloud environments.
* ETL, data migration and cleansing.
* Hands on Apache Spark using Python or Scala, creating data frames and applying transformations/actions.
* Data Lakes, data analytics and working with large data sets.
* Relational databases (particularly Oracle and PostgreSQL)
* Working independently.
* Agile working.
* Customer first approach to development.
* Hands on experience with AWS.
* Hands on experience with AWS Glue, Lambda and Step functions.
* Hands on experience with SQL, Python and Scala
* Familiarity with AWS data lake related components such as S3, Athena, Presto, QuickSight, EMR, Redshift, Kinesis etc.
* Familiarity with structured RDBMS.
* Familiarity with large data techniques (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark etc.)
* Familiarity with providing data via a micro service API.
* Experience in analysing and cleansing data using a variety of tools and techniques.
* Experience in working with a variety of data formats, JSON, XML, CSV, parquet etc.
* Experience with building and maintaining data dictionaries/meta-data.
* Experience of Linux and cloud environments.
* Desirable, but not essential, to have retail experience.
If you are interested in the role then please apply directly to this advert or alternatively send a copy of your CV to (see below) for consideration.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information