Senior Purchasing Officer
SF Group are currently recruiting a Purchasing Officer to fulfill a 4 month contract, within a public sector company based in Birmingham paying GBP12.50 per hour.
You will be providing an effective purchasing systems and administration service by ensuring appropriate IT systems, procedures, guidance and training are in place to support staff needing to procure goods and services.
1. Overall management responsibility for Purchasing administration and the associated personnel
2. Ensuring that all ordering activity complies with legislative requirements,Policy/Procedures and audit requirements
3. To analyse procurement transactions to ensure that the most appropriate ordering and invoicing arrangements are in place, e.g. Purchasing Cards, Consolidated invoices, etc
4. To assist with the development and implementation of Procure to Pay and e-procurement processes and systems
5. To continually review the ordering process to identify and implement more efficient working practices
6. Authorising requisitions and orders (Value to be determined)
7. Management of the Asset Management Plan (if replacement goods required in a specific time period)
8. Liaising with internal audit regarding any purchasing system audits
9. Ensure the appropriate procurement process/procedure has been followed for free text requisitions
10. Record savings
11. Produce Spend Analysis reports
12. Reporting (Standard and ad-hoc) as required by the Contract Managers
13. Set up new suppliers (excluding payment information) and manage the removal of inactive suppliers
14. Highlight and reject off-contract spend
15. Monitor Credit check reports and advise Contract Manager when required
16. Approve Contractors to be included on the Approved Contractor List following checks being made by the Central Purchasing Team
17. All other accountabilities detailed within the Role Profile and the Behavioural Framework for Technical 2B
This person must be a strong leader, with team management experience.