Our Client, a well-established Building/ Construction Company based in Birmingham are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Contracts Manager to join their business.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Building/ Construction industry. This role may suit an individual who is looking to progress from a role on the tools, or someone who has previous experience in a similar role.
A competitive starting salary of around GBP30,000 plus Company vehicle or car allowance will be offered. May be flexible for the right person. All travel is within the Birmingham area.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Oversee projects from start to completion.
- Visit clients onsite to oversee work being completed.
- Source and purchase materials and labour.
- Ensure staff are compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Produce health and safety plans.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Liaise with external subcontractors.
- Complete tender requirements.
- Manage Client's expectations.
- Deal with incoming enquiries from Clients/ potential Clients.
- Evaluate new jobs.
- Complete ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Experience working within a construction/ building environment.
- Good knowledge of the building industry.Experience/ knowledge of plumbing or bathrooms is highly desirable.
- Organised ability in order to oversee multiple jobs at one time.
- Good administration skills.
- Strong team work ethic.
- Good problem solving ability.
- An ability to work using own initiative.
- A hands on approach, with a willingness to complete a wide range of tasks.
- A professional telephone manner.
- A smart appearance.
- An ability to build strong working relationships.
Benefits to include:-
- Competitive starting salary of GBP28,000 - GBP30,000. May be flexible depending on experience.
- Expensed company vehicle or car allowance depending on situation of candidate.
- Friendly working environment.
- Opportunity to develop within a growing company.
- All travel is within the Birmingham area.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas period.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.