We are currently working on an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading aerospace manufacturer at their site south of Birmingham. This is a brand new role, created as a result of a customer-focused restructure of the Quality team on site. The successful candidate will have a strong quality toolkit in both NPI and QMS (AS9100 and NADCAP) and also be able to take a lead part in problem resolution activities.
Our client is a market leader in the manufacture of various aerospace components through a complex manufacturing process. With a strong local and national presence, this is a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join with an effective team that is driving change.
- Ensure compliance through QMS (AS9100/ NADCAP)
- Support Quality Management, ensuring all products comply with quality system specifications.
- Swift response time to quality issues, utilizing 8D amongst other tools to work efficiently in finding solutions to quality concerns.
- Support in New Product Launch through utilization of APQP, PPAP and FMEA
- Data collection and interpretation in order to provide statistical analysis within the problem solving process.
- Improvement of supplied part quality, looking at supplier-side activity, instigating supplier containment and corrective actions where appropriate in tandem with supplier development and PPAP processes.
- Through competent understanding of measuring systems, calibration and equipment, the Quality Engineer will be required to interpret engineering drawings in line with quality standards.
- Be an active part of the warranty team to ensure functional success.
The Ideal Quality Engineer will have:
- Aerospace background preferred but automotive also considered
- Quality-related knowledge including APQP, PPAP, and FMEA
- Internal auditor in AS9100/ NADCAP (TS16949/ IATF16949 for automotive applicants also considered)
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Strong communication skills across customers, supplier and colleagues
- The ability to build relationships effectively
Salary from GBP36,000 - GBP45,000