Plate Saw Operative
We are excited to announce that we are recruiting for our leading client in the Birmingham area! We are looking for experienced Plate Saw Operatives on a rotational shift. This is a temp to perm position.
Rotational 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm and this is paying GBP9.80 per hour.
The main duties for this position are to:
- To ensure all products are handled, cut and identified in accordance with our clients working practices.
- The accurate setting, cutting and identification of materials maximising stock utilisation.
- The maintenance and accurate recording of all details on both computer-based stock control system and all supporting documentation
- Maintain and promote safe working practices and policies
- Ensuring all products are handled correctly
- Ensuring full conformance to all the identified order requirements
- Responsible for ensuring all stock being processed is maximised to achieve the best stock utilisation possible in adherence without client's quality and working procedures and practices.
- Ensuring all stock and processed products are clearly identified in accordance with both client and customer requirements
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Knowledgeful on all aspects of raw materials handled on site
- Knowledge of all products handled by the sire and its disparate cutting requirements
- Ability to read and understand a cutting pattern to maximise stock utilisation and minimise waste
- Programming knowledge for machine set-up, preparation and cutting.
- Self-motivated, reliant, diligent, analytical and numerate
- PC literate
- Ability to be trained and understand being a business approved stamp holder
- Understanding of health and safety at work legislation and its practical application
- Understanding of the full scope of quality processes applicable to handling of materials
- Current valid counterbalance mechanical handling license
- Machine maintenance skills applicable to the type of equipment operated
- Understanding of continuous improvement philosophies