Nursery and Childcare Leader
Nursery and Childcare Leader
(Maternity cover starting from 29th April 2019 – 10th February 2020 (end day tbc with 1 months notice)
36.67 hours a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am – 5.30pm – 20 min lunch daily)
Annual Salary: £20,000 (overtime rate of £10.37 per hour)
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our Nursery and ‘wrap around’ provision while the substantive post holder is on maternity leave. We are a vital, small rural primary school with Nursery and all year round ‘wrap around’ childcare.
If you are a strong and experienced Early Years Professional with a genuine passion for working in Nursery education and childcare then we would love you to join us. High emotional intelligence, bags of enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference in the lives of children would definitely be an advantage.
Our nursery is a cosy setting offering up to 20 places with a team of 5 (3FTE) staff. The new leader will have a great opportunity to continue to influence the vision and direction of the nursery so that provision continues to improve from good to outstanding.
Nursery and Childcare Leader Essential requirements:
- You must have been either a Nursery Manager or a very experienced Nursery Deputy Manager, Qualified Teacher or very experienced Early Years Professional.
- Qualification: Minimum NVQ Level 3 relevant childcare qualification or equivalent; Early Years Professional Status; Qualified teacher or HLTA. Peadiatric First Aid would also be an advantage.
- Ability to work with little supervision as well as with the leadership of the school and within school policy and practice
- Excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and ability to plan for provision and individuals next steps
- Good management and observation skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative skills and computer literacy
- Possess an excellent knowledge of the Ofsted and Welfare Requirements
- A good understanding of how to create engaging and challenging learning environments for toddlers and pre-schoolers
- Excellent communication skills and a strong leader as well as a team player
- A passion for working with young children
- A good level of spoken and written English
- An understanding of play principles
- Ability to manage play for children age 2 – 11
Some of the responsibilities of the Nursery and Childcare Leader will include:
- To manage day-to-day operations of the Nursery and Wrap Around Childcare
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To effectively lead and manage the staff team including providing day to day guidance, training and support to all practitioners
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculum are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To oversee planning
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends
- To be influential in developing strong links with parents
In return the successful candidates will receive:
- Nursery/wrap around administrative support
- Support from senior leadership of the school (the Headteacher will be your line manager)
- Support from other Nursery settings in our trust
- An established framework of policies and practice
- A supportive team and school
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally
Closing date: 1/03/19 (12 noon) Interview date: w/b 01/03/19
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further details and an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits to the school are warmly encouraged.
Stottesdon C. of E. Primary School, Cleobury Mortimer, Nr. Kidderminster, Worcs. DY14 8UE
Tel: 01746 718617 Email: email@example.com Website: www.stottesdon.shropshire.sch.uk
Head Teacher: Mrs. K. Jones Chair Of Governors: Rev. M Daborn