Head of Procurement
I'm working with an incredible business based in the West Midlands in need of a seasoned Head of Procurement to help set up their function. They are part of a FTSE organisation and the individual must have experience of global sourcing activities within a manufacturing business. This is a permanent role paying c£90,000 base + excellent benefits.
Procurement and Supply Chain Leadership
- Define Procurement function mission/goals and group-wide strategy in alignment with the overall business strategy
- Lead supply chain management across the business, ensuring a strategic approach and transferring best practice in the development of supply chain and procurement processes and outcomes.
- Design and implement procurement strategies aligned to key categories ensuring compliance with all Regulations and Company Policies & Processes;
- Coordinates the development and implementation of category strategies with Procurement Managers using strategic sourcing techniques
- Create a customer focused performance led culture, collaborating with regional teams, functions management to deliver supply chain excellence
- Participate in the development Procurement and Supply Chain Management capability both at Divisional and Regional level
- Ensure alignment between procurement, demand management and capex processes to drive optimum decisioning for the business
- Manage the capex request and approvals process
- Create supply chain and procurement focused reporting for Board use.
- Implement a structured approach to supplier onboarding whilst maintaining the supplier base at an optimum size
- Perform the role of a category manager as dictated by the overall procurement plan.
- Work closely with stakeholders to manage expenditure through the adoption of the Category Management approach to procurement.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies and processes for defined categories of spend
- Track performance within each spend category against agreed frameworks
- Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance
- Champion and secure efficiency and cost benefits for the category across our regions
- Develop and manage RFI and RFP processes as required to supply category strategies
- Develop an expertise in the global procurement spend categories building material and product knowledge on a continual basis
- To challenge demand forecasting and ensure buying decisions are influenced by current stock holding
- To assist supplier relationship managers in their relationship with key vendors.
- Engage proactively with Product Development staff to benefit from vendor engagement in any development activity