Trade Compliance Manager
This division of a global business is looking to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Manager to ensure all its UK are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized process of classification, certification and verification of import/export activities.
The Trade Compliance Manager will have overall responsibility for for the trade compliance of approximately $100 million annual transactions.
- Function as an expert resource to UK locations in the areas of import/export transactions, policies and procedures with a strategic focus to streamline efficiencies, eliminate waste, and utilize emerging tools and technologies with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost containment while ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Design, implement and manage a robust trade compliance program for the UK Operations, including the ongoing development and maintenance of procedures which define responsibility and accountability for completion of activities and supporting operational processes.
- Develop and deliver an ongoing, tailored training program that includes but is not limited to export control and technology, AEO compliance, Corporate Trade Standards, general awareness, risk identification, and escalation. Personally conduct training as required.
- Develop and maintain country specific import/export matrices to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions, including leading a UK reclassification project. Coordinate with the Global Trade Compliance for division wide visibility.
- Represent UK Operations in dealings with customers, suppliers, plants, BU and RU personnel as well as government agencies in response to general inquiries on shipments or licenses. i.e. HMRC, ECO
- Sign documents and file reports related to import/export shipments on behalf of UK Import Export operations under Power of Attorney as granted by the BU President.
- Develop and manage a compliant export licensing program to include effective use of OGELs, SIELs, UK GEA's and other licenses as required to include US TAA's.
- Conduct periodic internal and external compliance assessments of UK facilities to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and compliance of all activities and transactions with the appropriate import/export laws and record-keeping including completion of the business's Audit and Self Assessment Program. Coordinate with Management on issues, opportunities, recommended solutions and project plans.
- Develop and manage an Inward Process Relief program that identifies both current and future opportunities to provide relief of duty paid on imported articles.
- Work with Customs Brokers to expedite clearance of UK products; provide documented feedback to brokers on operational/compliance-related matters; and conduct post-entry/post-shipment audit of import/export shipments, respectively.
- Remain current on regulatory/industry activities that impact the company's business.
- Gain expert understanding of the organisation's intermediary and anti-corruption process to effectively determine and manage intermediary relationships as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a customs and export compliance role or similar government role.
- Minimum of three years of experience in administering an Inward Process Relief program.
Salary GBP58,000 plus GBP6,000 car allowance