We seek a Chief Engineer - System Design to continue our development as a global leader in our market. We design, develop and manufacture a range of systems and products which are supplied to major automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s around the world.
SALARY: £65,000 to £70,000
BENEFITS: Big Company Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Coventry, Stoke, Derby
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and components and have recently invested in a brand-new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility in the UK and seek a Chief Engineer System Design to continue our development. As a global leader in our market, we design, develop and manufacture a range of systems and products which are supplied to major Automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s around the world.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Chief Engineer - System Design, Automotive R & D
The Chief Engineer – System Design, as part of the senior management team, is responsible for developing the System and Software teams which includes all Research & Development, Product Development and Product Maintenance. Responsibility also includes developing systems, processes and procedures and build and grow a team of motivated and innovative engineers to deliver the Group’s ambitions for this growing area of the Group’s R&D work. The products you will be working with are highly advanced, making a difference in the world by making vehicles safer shaping and defining technology shifts within the automotive sector.
In essence the Chief Engineer shall:
· Provide the overall technical leadership for all System Design activities
· Lead vehicle dynamic algorithms and control functional development
· Provide leadership and direction to software and controls Engineers
· Provide guidance and manage our global development of new technologies, techniques, and processes.
· Manage technical change to current production facilities and processes
· Provide overall direction to future control methodologies
· Lead the overall Engineering of the full software life cycle – concept, specification, analysis, design, implementation and test.
· Provide leadership on ISO26262 activities
· Visit Customers to provide technical assistance with technical discussions
· Be the owner of the Software for TS16494 Quality Procedures
· Lead all system design reviews ensuring all aspects are discussed and reviewed at senior level.
· Develop technology road maps and advanced engineering sub projects
· Final sign off and release sign off for all software architectural designs including supporting documentation
· Provide technical support to advanced engineering activities
· Work closely with Universities and other groups on latest technologies
· Ensure all design rules are documented appropriately
· Support the development of software through the complete product life cycle
· A detailed level of product knowledge and experience to enable customer credibility and to be able to lead and guide the design of new products
· A high level of vehicle knowledge and experience to understand customer needs for features and performance in new products
· Attend project status reviews and be well informed on all current Global design activities
· Lead overall safety cases for safety critical devices
REQUIREMENTS: Chief Engineer - System Design, Automotive R & D
You must have experience and knowledge of:
· C programming language skills essential
· ‘C++’ would be beneficial
· Use of ‘Safe C’ subsets e.g. MISRA
· Appreciation of the specific challenges of real time systems
· Experience in Model Based Design
· Understanding of compilers and linkers
· Understanding of emulators and debug tools
Interested? We are looking for some of the best Automotive Engineers in the industry. You must be able to initiate change, take ownership and help drive new technologies through a team therefore proven leadership experience is vital. You need to be a key motivational leader who is passionate about engineering.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Head Design System Engineer, Chief Engineer Systems, R&D Engineering Manager, Lead Engineer, Programme Engineer Director within Automotive, Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, OEM Tier 1 or Tier 2. Transportation.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Chief Engineer - System Design, Automotive R & D and reference IL15290 to DD: Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel:
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85193162